I’ve still been putting a lot of work into my Brecourt Manor map lately, and it feels like it’s over half complete. I’ve got a lot of the hedgerows placed, so it’s mostly a matter now of filling in the fields and making everything look natural. The map’s script has also come a long way (at over 700 lines so far) but still has a lot of tweaking left to go. However, I’m feeling a lot more comfortable with LUA and the SCAR functions, so it should go quickly.
A couple weeks ago, I dabbled briefly with the Unity engine to see if it was viable for another project I’ve been longing to make. There’s a lot to learn up-front about Unity before you can get anything even playable (take Quaternions for example), but then things start to come together. In only a few days, I made from scratch a basic tank that drives around and shoots with (mostly) realistic physics. I must say, though, that this is the most math I’ve done since college. 😕