I’ve done a couple new apps recently. They’ve both been in the new-to-me .NET environment. The first one I made just to do it. It searches for instances of fonts in HTML code (either HTML, CSS, or script) using regular expressions and reports the findings through three lists. The second app was born from necessity. I was tired of games not locking the mouse cursor into the current monitor, so I made a program to watch the selected app for focus and lock the cursor accordingly. This is obviously for multiple-monitor setups. It took about a week to code altogether but functions perfectly. It even has hotkeys to get you out of sticky situations. UltraMon can lock the mouse cursor to a certain monitor on hotkey press, but I knew I could do it better. My app locks the mouse cursor to whatever monitor the selected app is on automatically. It also locks it more efficiently by using the ClipCursor API function and checking to see if the app has focus or not. You can download both of these apps from my Apps page.
Also of interest is a recent Email that I received from Joe Pishgar, PR guy at Big Huge Games. He said that “several of [our programming team] outright insisted I do my best to get you into the Rise of Legends beta!”. Of course, it’s not like I’d say no to beta testing the “sequel” to Rise of Nations. I’m not sure when to expect my beta copy, but I suppose it should be within the next month by the way they’re hyping it now. Joe also mentioned that some of the programming team were quite impressed by my Script Maker for RoN.